All – I’m so excited to announce that Kayla Mattson (East Otter Tail County) and Darlene Johnson (Carver and McLeod Counties) have been elected as your new MNASCOE President and Vice President respectively! Please take a moment to congratulate and thank them for their willingness to serve as our leaders. Sadly for us (but wonderful for him), Gabe Power will be leaving the agency in a few weeks. This leaves us with a vacancy to fill – Secretary/Treasurer. According to our MNASCOE Constitution, this vacant position shall be appointed by the remaining officers and governing board. Please contact Kayla Mattson if you are interested in this leadership role.
It has been a whirlwind of activity serving as your MNASCOE President for the last two years. I’ve had the opportunity to advocate on your behalf, working with our SED, EO and AO. I’ve traveled to Milwaukee, WI and Cedar Rapids, Iowa as a delegate to our National Convention. I’ve had the opportunity to work side by side with Hunter Moorhead in Washington DC, visiting with the congressional leaders that shape the Farm Bill. I’ve worked one on one with members that have struggled with work pressures and helped them find solutions to the problems. It has been truly been a learning experience and wonderful opportunity to meet like-minded people from across the nation! Thank you for trusting me as your President.
For the next two years (or possibly longer), I’ll have the opportunity to serve as your Past President. We still have a lot of work to do. Shortly an announcement will be coming out announcing the election results of the Board of Directors. They, along with the committee chairs and executive board members, will continue to work hard to make sure your needs are met and your concerns are heard. If you would like to be a part of this dynamic team of leaders, don’t hesitate to volunteer. Go right to the top! Kayla will be looking for volunteers to help round out her team. Remember…many hands make light work.
I’d like to take a moment to thank the following people that will no longer be serving on the MNASCOE Board:
- Gabe Power – served as Secretary/Treasurer for a year.
- Kelly Turgeon – served as the Legislative and Benefits Committees chair for many, many years.
- Teresa Holmquist – served as the Webmaster for many years. She stepped down earlier this past year to concentrate on serving as the NASCOE Publicity Chair and Midwest Area Publicity Chair.
- Kevin Beekman – served as a Negotiations Committee Co-Chair. (Retired)
- Mark Zinnel – served as the Ways and Means Committee Chair and CED representative for District 5 for many years. (Retired)
- Mike Philip – served as the CED representative for District 1 for many years. (Retired)
- Dan Mahoney – served as the CED representative for District 6 for the last few years.
- Mark Brixen – served as the PT representative for District 7 for several years.
I’d like to thank the following that are stepping down from a position, but still serving in the following capacity:
- Nicki Miranowski – served as Past President for the last 2 years. She is still on the board as the NAFEC Committee Chair.
- Julie Welter – served as the CED representative for District 2 for many years. She is still on the board as the Publicity Chair.
Again, thank you for the opportunity to serve. I look forward to the upcoming leadership from our next President! Congratulations, Kayla!